Thursday, August 19, 2010

Unrestrained Dogs

It seems like I may have done a blog entry on this before, but I've gone through everything and can't find it. However, like most things, I think it bares repeating. And in light of the recent study (see link below), it also seemed a timely topic.

Essentially, the conclusion is dogs in the car are an added distraction. Taking your eyes off the road for two seconds doubles the potential for an accident. Not to mention an unrestrained dog can be thrown from the car or escape the car and be hit by another car or be seriously injured by a deploying air bag in the event of an accident.

My wife and I often travel with our dogs, but both have dog seat belts and are not allowed free roam of the car.

The survey and results are available at http://www.aaanewsroom.net/Main/Default.asp?CategoryID=7&ArticleID=789

No comments:

Post a Comment